Thursday, February 18, 2016

Patience

Patience is a virtue. A Godly characteristic. It is frustrating and annoying to me when someone is going through a problem and they are not willing to do what it takes to make it better and yet they complain. As I talked with a friend of mine today about frustrations they were having, which I have been through in a similar way, I realize Heavenly Father deals with me on a daily and it is a very similar situation. However stepping back I realized Heavenly Father would have been a lot more loving and patient than I chose to be in that situation. My thoughts were less than patient and kind towards this friend who I felt a burden Heavenly Father is merciful and patient with me…I imagine Him saying: “I know it’s tough this morning Savannah, I’m sorry.” And WHEN I ask He kindly reminds me: “The tools are all in front of you, you’ve been taught what to do since you were young. Do you remember?” And He waits for me to muddle through my misted mind to find the answer. “Yes Father, I do know the things I need to be doing.” In each instant it is different perhaps today He is simply asking me to remember and feel of His love. Other days I may need to sit and ponder the scriptures for a while, or go to the temple. Maybe it is time to get up and serve someone. There is an ever nagging pull from the adversary there and I realize that and it is tiring. The flesh is weak…I can hear my mind and heart telling me to stop ignoring the right things and quit sinking into the negative things in life, whatever they may be. Rather than confronting every negative thought or feeling, it would be better to let them pass by and be a bystander to them. But I tend to see them coming and grab them to analyze and figure them out, creating a problem rather than avoiding it. Each person has specific struggles and imperfections, these make coping with the trials and temptations a unique challenge for each individual. God, knowing this, is merciful and patient with us. If there is one truth I know it is as Nephi said when asked if he knew the 'condescension' of God, " I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things.' 1 Nephi 11:16-17 Knowing this truth gives me hope to move forward and peace through the Atonement of Christ, that though I am imperfect and impatient, He loves me and allows me to change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment